Monday, September 15, 2003

update to MYNA Miami

salam alaikum,
MYNA Miami is one of the most active local chapters in the nation, mashallah! It is also one of only a couple of chapters that have been continuously active for almost 15 years, alhamdulillah!! For us to continue we need participation from everyone. I look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting and activity.

MYNA NATIONAL...as you may or may not know, MYNA is in the process of reforming itself into a stronger organization on the national level. We need your help. At the next local meeting I will fill everyone in on the new developments and the opportunity that youth from MYNA Miami have in shaping the new MYNA. We have a new national website: www.myna.org check it out. it doesn't have much content yet, but it explains the type of national organization we are trying to become. I brought back goodies from the MYNA national convention, held with the ISNA convention. I have MYNA pens, stickers, and magnets for everyone - with the new logo. We have a new National Board of Advisors, and MYNA Miami has a voice in it. I am in charge of coordinating the strategic direction of the new MYNA and I want our local chapter to be a big part of it. I will fill you all in at the meeting on how you can help.

WE NEED PICTURES... In the mean time, I need everyone to find any pictures you may have from MYNA Miami activities that we can submit to the MYNA National archives. I need your help. They have nothing from the youth of South Florida yet. I will collect the photos at the next local meeting. Bring them in an envelop with your name, address, and phone # on it. The photos will be returned to you after we scan them. thanks. see you at the meeting.

Asad Siddiqui, member, Board of Advisors-Muslim Youth of North America

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home